Friday, January 16, 2015

Clouds in January

I have so much to write, so much to say. And yet, I hold back some times. I don't tell everything. Some things I have to keep just for myself.

I'm being tutored on training my brain, practicing to be calm, to breathe, to relax. Things we all take for granted and maybe don't even realize it. It's a beautiful thing . . . to take a step back and view the world. Not to think too much, not to make assumptions, not to pretend, just be. To listen . . . not speak, not simply hear, just listen. Words with similar meaning all too often have completely different connotations. Such is life, it should be so simple and yet little things get in the way and make it complicated.

And then there's this.
I let our dog out to do his business in the morning when I wake up at o'dark thirty, and of course at night before we go to bed (and many times in the day too, but those instances are not as important). I take these times to stand out side, by myself, and just be. Tonight when I opened the door I was instantly  struck by the beauty of the sky.

It's been stormy, cloudy, and the clouds have been clinging more closely to the earth. It's been foggy, gloomy. Tonight it's very windy, and when  I stepped outside the clouds were lit up by the city lights, glowing, illuminated. And because of the wind they were moving very quickly. It looked like something from Hollywood, something created with on a computer with an expensive program. Surreal is the cliche word that comes to mind.

I stood there for a few moments and watched these glowing clouds race across the sky, watched the stars peek in and out, listened to the drone of engines on the not so far away freeway. It was peaceful, beautiful.

With so many moments like this each day, week, month . . . it should be impossible for anybody to believe that we are not living in a beautiful world. We're meant to see more than we do. We forget to see all the beautiful things happening around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment