Thursday, August 26, 2010

Just an update

Since I have so many friends and family living afar, I think I should post a little update on how things are going here in Jennyville.

Our little Devin will be walking any day now. He pulls himself up to stand and then gets mad because he can't figure out how to get back down or what to do next. I need to get better at letting him work on it on his own, it is just instinct I guess to rush to his aid every time he makes a peep, but this is one he has to do on his own!

He has got to have a tooth or two coming in -- finally. His drool levels have been off the chart lately. I feel like I need to give him a bottle of water a couple times a day just so he won't get dehydrated!

His first birthday is coming up. We have to start planning a party! I can't wait to see what he does with the cake! Will he dive in or be afraid to get his hands dirty? We will see!

Aria starts first grade next week. She is registered at Jefferson Elementary, even though we are in Tendoy's region or whatever they call it. They had 19 extra first graders who had to find another school to go to. So since there was space at Jefferson we registered her there, which will actually work out nicely because I can drop her off on my way to work and she can ride the bus to her dad's house in the afternoon. We met her teacher, she seems nice and has a lot of experience.
We are going school shopping this weekend!
She is growing up and getting into girly things like nail polish and bracelets and such. She has even been asking me about what it feels like to get your ears pierced. Maybe she is almost ready!

Mike's work has been very steady, which is good for our financial situation, but then again I feel like I never see him some weeks! In a few weeks they will be going to Salmon for a few days and I will be on my own with the kiddos!

We are almost ready to start looking for a house. We found some "glitches" in Mike's credit history that we have been cleaning up, and we have been figuring out what we can afford. We would like a fenced yard and hopefully four bedrooms, but we could settle with three. A hot tub would be nice too. Just kidding . . . hot tub not necessary! But we are gonna be picky! Our realtor is gonna be sick of us before this is through!

I am still working at the Journal as the online and art and entertainment editor. Work has been extra stressful lately. I feel like no one understands the pressure I am under with the online stuff from the bosses. Of course I have to post breaking news ASAP to the Web site to beat the competition, but there is also the pressure of making all of the Journal's Web sites the best to sell to make the most money. But, alas, I am only one person and there are only so many hours in a day! It goes in phases, I will be really stressed out for a few weeks, then I chill out for awhile and then it builds again. That's when I know I need a day off! Thank God Labor Day weekend is coming up!

But I enjoy most of my job! I have phone numbers and am on a first name basis with a lot of really cool people, and there is something new everyday. And I am interviewing the Oak Ridge Boys next week! They are legends!

On a side note, while cleaning house to prepare for my grandma's upcoming yard sale, I found a bunch of my old journals. I have been enjoying reading about the various highs and lows of almost every week of my life since I was nine. Darn the writing bug . . . it has always been here.

Love ya all!
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment