Friday, April 16, 2010

This is too funny to keep to myself

So I have heard this story from two people now, and I just have to share it. It is much too bizzare and funny to keep to myself. I am not gonna use names though . . .

I am hearing this third person, so I will do my best to get this right.

So somewhere in the thriving metropolis of American Falls, Idaho, there lives a family who has a son who is a little slow. I am not being rude... he is literally mentally disables. No disrespect! He is in his 20s but has the mental capacity of about a six-year-old child.

So the mom needs to run to the store really quick to get one or two items. She figures she will be right back so she can leave the son home by himself for just a few minutes. While she is out, she gets a call from her son who tells her, "Mom! I found a troll!" And of course, she thinks he is just playing and imagining things and assures him she will be home in a few minutes.

A few minutes go by and he calls again. This time he says, "Mom! I put the troll in my closet and he is really mad!" Hmmmmm. . . . ok, what is going on?

So, she gets home and discovers that there is indeed something barricaded in a closet in her home. But it is not a troll . . . . it is a little person. What is the correct term? Not midget . . . dwarf? You know what I mean. He was a Jehovah's witness who just happened to come to the door while the mom was out for a few minutes. The son thought he was a troll and not only put him in a closet, but barricaded it with furniture.

I guess the little man was really pissed! They talked him out of pressing charges.

But can you imagine? On both sides! What would you say if you came home and there was someone locked in a closet in your house? And what was the Jehovah's witness thinking? Wow.

I could not make this up. As they say, at least no one was hurt and all that good stuff. . . sigh. Truth is stranger than fiction.

1 comment: